Happy New Year everyone!
I’ve been M.I.A. on the blog so far this year since I was on vacation in Cabo for the past week, so I'm getting a late start to my New Years post! 2015 was an absolutely amazing year for me. It was easily the best year to date! My favorite moments and experiences from the past year are recapped below:
1) Moved to my own apartment in Cow Hollow
2) Graduated from my masters program
3) Hiked Half Dome
4) Traveled to Budapest, Hungary and Stockholm, Sweden with Joe
5) Traveled alone to Israel to visit Maya, my best friend from college
6) Traveled to Roatan, Honduras with Joe
7) I became a godparent to my sweet niece, Julia
8) Started my blog, The Urbanite Insight – subscribe here if you aren’t signed up for the newsletter yet!
9) Traveled to various domestic cities including Chicago, San Diego, Los Angeles, Tahoe, Pebble Beach, Big Sur, Monterey, Boston, Orange County, Napa, Sonoma and more!
10) Accepted a new job as a first time manager
And, saving the best for last:
11) Got engaged on Pier 14!!
2016 is definitely going to be my most memorable year with my dream wedding and honeymoon, lots of friends’ weddings as well, a new job, continuing to work on my blog while exploring the city, and spending lots of time with family and close friends.
My 2016 new years resolutions are getting started a little bit late since it’s hard to start off your routines on vacation, so I am opting to start this weekend instead! This year, I want to:
Work out consistently (better start shredding for the wedding!)
Cook a new healthy recipe for dinner each week (and share it on the blog!)
Make more trips home to spend time with family.
Call my long distance friends more often.
Become a more engaged listener in my personal and professional conversations.
Turn my phone off at 9 PM on weekdays to completely check out.
Read 6 new books (can’t wait to get started up with book club again now that I’m not in school part time!)
Try 12 new restaurants from my restaurant bucket list. (If you want to try this too, read more about my restaurant recommendations in San Francisco here.)
Take a photography class.
Can’t wait to see what this year holds for everyone!